Tuesday 17 September 2013

to the market !

asked my foreign affairs officer where i can buy goods for my house, besides the tiny 7/11 next to my school. the cashiers there look at me funny and say things to me in chinese. have a feeling they're questioning how many snickers bars i eat. can't blame me for havin' an insatiable sweet tooth.
so, to the market we went !
walked in to a gargantuan room with vegetable, fruit and meat stalls. live fish swimming in little sinks. live frogs, turtles, eels. all ready to fall victim to a murderous shopping list.
walked in, walked straight out.
overwhelming smells, sights, sounds, smiling faces, frowning faces - assaulting me from every direction.
next to the food section, more stalls with more things and things and things. where do i even begin?
a veritable feast of thrifting.

this is my pick 'n pay for the next year.

now let's make some breakfast and restock the cupboards.
bread jam pasta peanut butter coffee sugar tomatoes rice eggs mushrooms onions broccoli bitter melon cashews make up remover body wash new lighter incense  smaller pots and pans a bread knife

MEMO TO ME - first paycheck, find a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment